Monday, July 24, 2006

Ugh, it's hot.

Hot. Damn hot. I don't care about humidity levels or anything else like that--once the thermometer hits 100 degrees, it's just plain hot.

To add insult to injury on this hottest weekend of the summer, our AC crapped out on Saturday. We changed one of the filters, but that didn't help--after running the thing for pretty much 12 hours solid, we were getting a tiny amount of air and the temperature inside the townhouse was holding steady at around 85. The landlord came yesterday and we replaced the *other* filter (ha, didn't realize there was another one down there, oops), and though that helped a little bit, it's still not quite up to par, so he put in a work order for us.

Course, with temperatures over 100 all over the Bay Area right now, who knows when they'll actually get to us. Waiting on them to call me now. Bleah.

However, while our landlord was at the place yesterday, we discussed extending our lease, which they're agreeable to. They would be happy to have us stay, in fact, and the rent increase is going to be minimal. Yay for another year in the townhouse! Course, now this means that I get to worry about rearranging furniture, but that can wait til the damn AC is fixed. :D

Oh, and he's going to fix the garage door, too, which has this tendency to open back up after you close it...usually when you're in a hurry on the way out in the morning.

Have I mentioned that I love our landlord? Because I do.

So, I spent most of the weekend away from the computer, because holy crap, it's hot in the basement right now, with no AC and hot weather outside and two computers blowing hot air all over the place. This is not necessarily a good thing, because I ignored some online stuff that I really shouldn't have.

Still working on Blogathon stuff--and hey, if you've sponsored, please let me know, so that I can pass on my thanks in person! And if you're interested in sponsoring, previous posts have the URL that you need, and keep in mind, you can sign up to sponsor up to two days after the event is over. I promise, the folks at Donors Choose are awesome and wonderful and won't sell your information anywhere, and it's for a wonderful cause, and...heh. Yeah, meant for a sales career, I am not. :)

I have plenty to keep me awake on Saturday, though, which will be a good thing. Going to try very hard to stick with the theme that I came up with, and you know, there's that moving furniture thing that I mentioned previously, though that's mostly bookshelves and folding tables rather than anything heavier. Still, anything to occupy the time is good!

So hopefully, with all the furniture moving and stuff, that means that in a couple of weeks, I'll have a bonafide workshop, complete with space where I can actually take pictures of the stuff that I'm making, woo. Hooray for morning sunlight.

Amusing side note: given that it's nearly 9:30 and I am not typing with blue fingers, it appears as though the AC at work is busted, too. Pardon me while I sit here giggling like a loon over that. I think the heat is melting my brain.

That or I was already crazy.

Oh, hush. :)

No comments: