Phew, looks like the down time was a false alarm, thank goodness!
I still have yet to completely finish the shelving stuff, I need to re-shelve all the game books, but everything else is done there. Hoo-rah! That means I can take another shower, but I think I may wait until later in the evening, when I'm having trouble staying awake.
Heh, amusingly enough, as I'm getting ready to post this particular song, my husband came downstairs to tell me about the Beer Bad episode in BtVS. Beer baaaad! Bwahaha. Reminds me of the Napster/Metallica kerfluffle from a few years back.
This post's song:
Orinoco Flow - Enya
When I first heard of Enya, it was one of those things that so many people were SO batshit over that I kind of rolled my eyes and looked the other way for awhile. I'm kind of a pain like that--there are reasons why I don't watch things like Buffy the Vampire Slayer, why I didn't see the movie Chicago, stuff like that. I'm sure that, at least with some of those things that I've rolled my eyes and gone, 'oh my god, not again' over, I'd really enjoy them if I stopped to give them the time. Buffy's kind of a case in point, I've watched a few episodes with my spouse on his current marathon, and it's been okay.
Enya was also one of those things--once I got over it and started to listen, I found another artist whose music had a lot of power over my emotions. I've been learning to meditate recently, and while I'm still working on the mechanics of it, in actual *practice*, I think I've actually managed it before, a lot of times to various songs by Enya. I love this one, too--once, while I was still living in Salt Lake City, I took a trip to Seattle, and we ended up driving through the gorgeous tropical rainforest up there to the coast. I thought it was really fitting that our first glimpse of the Pacific Ocean came right as this song started on the CD player.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Heh. Well. It wouldn't be Blogathon without SOME kind of drama, yes?
I love Enya ;).
Post a Comment