It takes baby steps, but gradually, the office is getting to a point where I can start moving shelves soon. Of course, right now, I'm desperate for a shower--which cracks me up. I mean, what's the point? I'm going to get all gross and sweaty anyway, when I move these shelves, so that means that at some point later in the day, I'm going to be doing the dash up two staircases and the quick run through the shower *again*, but now that I've thought about having a shower, I really just can't get it out of my head.
A venue change may be in order, too, just to give myself a break from looking at these walls. If that happens, I'll be at the whim of the XM Satellite radio feed that we get from DirecTV to provide the inspiration for each song post. That could end up being...very interesting, or very weird.
Anyway, time for the mad dash up the stairs, so I leave you with a proposal and a song. Laa!
This post's proposal: an aquarium for some kids in Indianapolis, IN.
Waiting For Our Time - Styx
The time is coming, I just know it. I know it's not too late, that breeze will come along and fill my sails, and I will soar off into the wild world and make all our dreams come true. I want it, so much that I can taste it, but I just know that if I have faith, I can make it all happen. You've helped me with that, whether you know it or not--your love is like a soft blanket on a cold day, it wraps me up and I can feel that warmth to my soul. You're my light in the dark, my promise that the sun will come up again. It's early, the dawn's coming, so I've stopped watching you sleep, now I'm standing in front of that east-facing window, waiting. I'm not the only one who can feel it, it's like the whole world pauses for a breath just before the sun comes up--we're all just waiting, anticipating, wondering what miracles today will bring us. The sun crests over the mountain like a promise of things to come, a brand new day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment