Sunday, July 30, 2006

1:00am

My monitor dropped by to ask how I was doing--well, I won't lie to you, my eyes are kind of starting to get all grainy, and it's been a hugely long time since my ankles were this swollen and my wrist hurt this much, but other than that, I'm hanging in there. :) I think my posts are going to start to get shorter, because I know I'm not all that coherent anymore, but hell, that's half the fun, isn't it? Reading some of these posts when we all get utterly slap happy and don't know or care about the crap that's flying out of our mouths. Er...fingers. Or whatever.

Ripping still more of my CDs to my Windows Media Player to kill time, and still hearing the thump-boom-crash of the TV upstairs when the music's off, since my spouse is *still* watching Buffy. He's been at it all day.

This hour's proposal: a street hockey set for kids in Rocky Mount, NC. Aw, come on, those of you who know me all know how big a hockey fan I am, how could I *not* find and post a proposal about it? :)

This post's song:

Seven Bridges Road (live) - The Eagles

This song is one of the quintessential examples of beautiful harmony in my book. All their voices blend so well together, and I can only imagine how much time and practice it took to make it sound so seamless--all the words, notes, syllables--all of them in perfect harmony, it's just amazing. The voices almost overshadow the guitar work--almost! I haven't ever seen them in concert, though I wish I could. I think, though, that if they didn't play this one, I'd be so very disappointed.

No comments: