Still moving game books, and holy crap, there are a lot of them. White Wolf, Shadowrun, Earthdawn, GURPS, the Serenity RPG, the Red Dwarf RPG, Ars Magica--you name it, we probably have it. And if we don't *have* it, he's had it at some point in the past and has either had me sell it on eBay or sold it second hand at a game store.
What can I say, the man loves his games.
And as for me, remember when I said that if I started reading, I'd get myself into trouble? Well, I started anyway, and very nearly did get myself into trouble. I looked up at 10 til the hour and oops, crap, time to get a song to post about. Sheesh!
This hour's proposal: a very ambitious proposal to bring a community drumming initiative to students in Seneca, SC.
This post's song:
Get The Funk Out - Extreme
When I heard this baseline start up on my Windows Media Player, I started to dance in my chair. Okay, yeah, I really can't dance, and I'm REALLY glad that there was no one else down here with me, because they'd be falling over themselves laughing right about now, but it's hard *not* to move with this song. That bass riff is so recognizable to anyone who's familiar with the song, that anyone who's heard it is now probably nodding along with me.
Though Def Leppard was my favorite, it was always Extreme that I fantasized joining up with, when I dreamed that they needed a girl to join the group to sing. Yeah, I had weird ideas when I was a kid, I suppose--hush up. :) People were appalled by this song, because sometimes during the chorus, it's hard to hear that N in the word 'funk,' and I'm sure you can imagine what people thought they were saying. I still get some enjoyment from the fact that my choice in music really horrified a lot of people that I went to school with. It was rare for me in my high school to find any LDS kids who liked any of this stuff.
So, yeah, lots of fun, and I'm just going to sit here and wiggle in my chair while the song plays.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment