Saturday, July 29, 2006

4:00pm

Man, I am totally slacking on posting more proposals for my charity, but I didn't get a list of them ahead of time like I thought about doing, so I'm trying to find time to surf amidst everything else. And yeah, really, this is just an excuse, and I know it.

It's finally started to cool off in the basement, now that both fans are going and there's no sunlight coming in from the skylight/window. I love this place, the shade we get is fantastic, and hey, a 3 mile commute to work in the San Jose area is pretty damn good, I have to say.

Lunch down, now I'm snacking on potato chips, and I can hear the rumblings of the TV from upstairs, where my spouse is continuing his Buffy marathon.

This post's song:

Trip Around The Sun - Jimmy Buffett and Martina McBride

Hey, check it out, the first repeat, and it's *not* Def Leppard/Moody Blues/Journey, as I suspected it would be, but it's two artists that I've previously covered in their own entries. This is from JB's License to Chill album, which features collaborations from a lot of different country artists.

I just love this one, a reminder that it's okay to just let go and enjoy life, enjoy that trip around the sun. It's interesting to me, though--if you're familiar with Martina's voice at all, you can tell that, a lot of the time, she's trying to keep it even and not so BIG. The video is great, too, and naturally, thinking about the song makes the video come to mind, which is lots of beach scenes, as well as singing this song around a campfire at night. This is a hard one for me to remember sometimes, that feeling that it's okay to let go. I have trouble with that, there are so many things that I feel like I need to worry about or have some measure of control over, when, in the end, it really doesn't matter all that much, does it?

Yes, I'll make a resolution,
That I'll never another one,
Just enjoy this ride on my trip around the sun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm slackin' off, too. Not that it makes it any more justifyable because someone else is doing it, too. LOL

I've never seen the video, but I LOVE the song!!