Woo, shower's done, and man, I feel so much better. Guess it was a great idea, in spite of the fact that I'm just going to get all sweaty later and need to do it again.
However, I've just come to realize that I made a huge tactical error last night. When I did the Blogathon back in 2003, I had some trouble because there was not a whole lot of food in the house, so I ended up waiting for my spouse to come back from a LARP event so that I'd have more to eat and drink. Last night, we went to the grocery store, and I bought something for dinner, and I bought some more soda so I'd have caffeine, and I bought some sugar-type stuff, and some snack stuff...but I neglected to plan for breakfast, aside from some cinnamon donuts that, while good, are not exactly substantial, you know?
So now, I think I'm going to try and run off to BK or McD or something to get breakfast. We'll see how this goes. It shouldn't be too bad, though, depending upon the traffic and how slow the people in front of me are. Crossing fingers!
This post's song:
The Actor (live, from Lovely To See You, Live at the Greek Theatre) - The Moody Blues
(For Gwen and Elly!)
Before I was a Def Leppard fan, I was a Moody Blues fan, and honestly, I think that part of the reason why I started to like them as a kid was because I saw the pictures on the back of the In Search of the Lost Chord album, saw Justin Hayward, and developed an immediate crush. But I also had an honest love for the music--they were the first concert that I remember attending, and I just love the things they sing about. I love the lyrics, I love the flute, I love the way their voices blend, I just love to listen to them. They're great fun in concert, as well, particularly if you can catch them at a time when Justin is having a good night. Lots of crowd interaction, lots of banter on the stage--which would be expected, I suppose, for a band who's been together as long as they have. No matter whether it's live or on CD, their music always takes me to a different place.
One of my all-time favorite songs comes from that album, and it's called The Actor. It's almost as if it's several different songs put together, but I'm not sure that it is. I loved to listen to this one on rainy days, it was almost as if I could imagine myself the girl he's talking about in the middle of the song, sitting at her window and looking out, though without seeing the scenery. She's trying to remember his face, and the feeling inside her grows. He can write about a lot of things, can Justin Hayward, but he's a master of writing about romance, which I've always thought this song was. It's not only the lyrics, which are powerful enough, but the soft guitar, and the flute...it's just always been magical for me.
The sound I heard in your hello,
Oh, darling,
You're almost part of me.
Oh, darling,
You're all I ever see.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment