Saturday, July 29, 2006

10:00pm

Wow, I'm not normally one for showers at night, but I cannot tell you how much better I feel to be clean right about now. It's fantastic. Now, it's time to eat.

So, it's 10pm, I've been going at this now for 16 hours and have another 8 to go. There'll be one last post at 6am on Sunday morning, then it'll be time for me to faceplant. In the meantime, I have to admit, even though I'm tired--and bruised from some of those books, heh--I'm really liking this.

This hour's proposal: a sand and water table for kids in Mandeville, LA. The thank you notes I got when I fulfilled a proposal for a water table in NC were the cutest things I had ever seen, which I know I've mentioned before. But I can't help it, they were just adorable.

This post's song:

Is It Love - Mr. Mister

Oh yes, 80s pop at its finest. If I haven't already shown my age by now, this one will do it for me, I'm quite sure. I'm not terribly fond of a lot of bubblegum pop that's played on Top 40 radio today, but all that stuff I loved when I was a kid holds a special place in my heart. I don't think I'm alone--there are entire Livejournal communities dedicated to the stuff, not to mention VH1's I Love the 80s series, which...holy crap, did we really wear stuff like that? Were those commercials really as horrible then as they seem now? But our past is a part of who we are, so we can either run from it or embrace it. Me? I like the music too much to run too far, but if the leg warmers come after me, I may have to rethink that. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah. Yes. A shower will definitely cure what ails!