Saturday, July 29, 2006

7:00am

Still no witty title. And what plans do I have for the day besides the Blogathon, one may ask? Well, as our roommate recently moved back up to the North Bay, we've got some extra room in the townhouse. Hopefully, I'll be able to rearrange the office a little bit--move some bookshelves, move my desk--but that requires some other stuff to be done first, like disposing of garbage, stuff like that. Moving the desk would mean that the laptop would come out at some point, too, since I'll have to unplug the Alien.

Have I mentioned how much I love the Alienware machine? Because I totally do.

This post's proposal: art supplies for mentally disabled kids in Pittsboro, NC!

And this post's song...I have a feeling this one's going to end up expanded upon at some point, but what can I say? Something about it just reminded me of Jareth and Sarah.

Kiss Me Softly - Journey

After the day is done, when the matters of state are put to rest and the goblins have left her alone for the night, she stands waiting on a terrace overlooking the labyrinth. He's supposed to be coming home, he's been busy in negotiations with a neighboring kingdom, and it's been almost three weeks since she's seen him. A cool wind stirs her hair and she closes her eyes, breathing in the scent of magic and moonlight that always reminds her of him. The touch of warm leather to her bare shoulder brings a smile to her lips, but rather than turn to face him, she simply waits. "I'd live a thousand lives, if every one I lived could be with you," he whispers, his mouth just above her ear. His arm slides around her, and they stand together for awhile, safe in each other's arms. When the wait has been long enough, she turns toward him and lifts her face to his, and when their lips meet, they're both swept away.

No comments: