Saturday, July 29, 2006

10:00am

A couple of administrative-type notes: hi to my monitor! *waves* Also, to those of you reading the LJ syndicated feed, I am so, so sorry. It's caught the first post, but there've been several since then, and even though it *claims* that another check was going to be made half hour after the last one posted, well, it didn't. So it's probably going to barf up 6 or 7 posts (or more *cringe) at you all at once. Very, very sorry.

Retrieved breakfast, now I'm back in the saddle again. No traffic, no line, not bad at all. I'm not usually out and driving this time of day, either--usually I'm at work. It's very interesting how much different things look at different times of day, depending on how the sun's hitting them. I think I like it.

Now that I've dealt with shower and breakfast, it's time to turn my attention back to getting this room in order. Gives me an excuse to not have my butt planted in this chair for the next 20 hours. :)

No proposal this post, sorry about that! I need to go looking for more, and just didn't end up with enough time this time around.

This post's song:

You Can Sleep While I Drive - Melissa Etheridge

One of the things that I love best about this woman is that everything she sings comes from the heart. It doesn't matter what it is, but you know that she's put everything she has into making it good. These are things that you know she's lived, and her voice suits everything just perfectly. I've heard that she's just amazing in concert, because you can see all that passion, all that power on her face.

I've been in this situation before, desperate to leave, to go *anywhere*, it didn't matter where. Destination didn't matter, as long as I got to leave, because things would have to be better somewhere else. It's hard to live like that, wanting so much to go somewhere else, so much that it takes over every other thought. What was even harder for me was knowing that it showed in my face, and knowing that I'd let things get the way they were.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NOTHING like a good syndicated barf to keep things interesting. hehe. *waves back* Glad you got back in time from breakfast........... ew, I'm needin' a shower, too. Perhaps next half hour? ;)