I think it may be time for a venue change shortly, if only because I am getting damn tired of looking at this room. It's so funny, I experienced this the last time, too. Normally, I could stay at home all weekend, and some days, I'd even sit at the computer all weekend, too--playing WoW, MUSHing, whatever. The one day that I sign up to do something that will ultimately make a difference somewhere, and all I can think of is all the things that I'd like to be doing somewhere else.
Sad. :)
This hour's proposal: oceanography/marine science books for high school kids in Raleigh. The proposal is already partially funded.
This post's song:
I Don't Believe In Love - Queensryche
I think if you mention Queensryche to people who are fans of the band, you'll get one of two responses: Operation: Mindcrime or Empire, probably two of their best albums. Becoming a fan of Def Leppard opened a door to a whole different kind of music that I hadn't really given a lot of thought to, and Queensryche is one of those that I really liked. Music is an outlet for me, always has been--something to meditate to, something to write to, even something to help me express any number of feelings. This song is a great one for...well, not necessarily anger, per se, but there was definitely a lot of bitterness there, for me. Combine that with the music itself, that I really liked--particularly the guitar and bass work--and I guess it's not too hard to see why I like this one as much as I did.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment