Ah, second wind time. The shower helped, but dinner is really what's putting a cap on this latest rush of energy. I think the caffeine's probably helping, too, heh. Still downstairs, and I've decided that I'm going to stick with that for as long as I can. Part of that is simply that the chair I'm in is way too uncomfortable to allow me to think about sleeping. I guess, sometimes, it's all about the strategy.
This post's song:
Prince of Darkness - Indigo Girls
I'm kind of surprised that it took so long for an Indigo Girls song to appear on the randomizer--I was starting to wonder whether I was going to have to put one in on my own.
I admit, I have definite favorites when it comes to this band--I tend to prefer their earlier stuff over their later stuff, and I find that I identify more strongly with Emily (the higher-voiced one) than Amy. That I know who these women are at all is really my best friend Matt's fault, if you want to call it that. At one of those late-night coffee sessions that we used to have for a chat BBS that we were both members of, he asked me if I was going to get the new CD, which would've been Rites of Passage, I think. When I said that I didn't know who they were, he looked appalled, and thus began my introduction.
I've introduced several people to them in the years since, and one of my favorite things in the world is to sit somewhere with Matt and just sing. We kick a lot of ass, actually, if I do say so myself. It's not every day that a straight woman and a gay man are invited to come sing karaoke sometime at a lesbian bar. Course, we haven't been, and it's been awhile since they first made the invitation, so I don't even know if they'd remember anymore. Still, I think that's pretty sweet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment