Sunday, July 30, 2006

3:00am

So, as I mentioned in the bonus post, I did end up moving upstairs after all. My laptop is as temperamental as ever, but you know, that's what you get when you spill soup in the thing, I suppose.

It's quieter than normal here, for now--the front end of our townhouse faces a fairly major street in my San Jose 'burb, and though we usually have to keep a fan going for white noise to help cut down on the street noise, it's not necessary right about now.

Course, most sane people are probably sleeping, and believe me, it's awfully tempting, but I've come waaaaay too far to give up now.

Currently watching the latest version of King Arthur, with Clive Owen and Keira Knightly. It's near the end--Guinevere and Arthur are making with the sweet sweet you know what on the night before battle.

All the sounds from the third floor have stopped, so I'm guessing that my spouse is finally asleep. He's been so cute throughout this whole thing, though--coming downstairs (to the basement) every once in awhile to give encouragement, hugs, candy, whatever I needed to help keep me going.

3am now, and some of the stations on my DirecTV guide are showing more than boring old infomercials, so I may j ust have to leave King Arthur and head somewhere else.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know... I didn't mind that version of King Arthur, actually!!!! I have this thing for Clive Owen that makes every movie he's in, utterly brilliant. (whispers: I love him)

Laptops no like da soup.

Oh, and you know... it's so nice to have "real" people around for support. As long as they're not tooootally distracting. It's a VERY delicate balance. Oh, look at me. Blogging on your blog. Don't you hate when people do that?

Anonymous said...

Ahem. I am not cute.

-The Spouse