Saturday, July 29, 2006

10:30am

You know, I really had intended to try and get a lot done with the office today, but I'm not sure how it's going to turn out, in truth. I guess it's partially because though I intended to actually do stuff in my downtime before posting this time, I didn't actually end up really doing anything. I installed the Trillian client, and got annoyed with Yahoo!Messenger, because it won't let me install a previous version, and I don't *want* to use the Beta version, dangit, let me download something earlier, but nooooo, none for me, we're going to FORCE you to use the new stuff, so suck it up. Less mooing, more coping.

Alas.

But, here's your song for this post!

Shakin' - Eddie Money

I can't explain this one, really--it's my favorite of his, and I think it's mostly because of the drum riff that starts the song off, which I just love. Yet another artist who proves that there are a lot of ways to talk about sex in music that adults will catch that kids probably won't. True, there are some really blatant ones out there, and it's not as if this one doesn't have its moments, but on the whole, it's very...talking about sex without *talking* about sex kind of thing. I can sense a little of the nervous first-timer in here, too--the experienced girl with the young man who can hardly believe his luck, his hands shaking with nerves, unable to stop talking because of it. Which...heh...yeah, there's a story nugget buried in there somewhere, I think. I'll have to hang on to that one and see where it takes me.

No comments: