(Edited to add: weird, the thing was showing the post time as 11:38am, so I went back to edit it to reflect the real time. Bah. Sorry about that.)
LJ folks: the syndication feed still hasn't updated, so now it only has one post out of twelve. I'm so sorry for your friends lists when this finally decides to update. Doh.
My friend Melissa, also participating in the Blogathon and raising money for First Book suggested something to me a little while ago that I think would be really cool: burning a CD of the music that I talk about today for all my sponsors. If you've sponsored, and if you're interested in that, please let me know and I'll put that together. Hopefully, the music that's mentioned here coupled with the promise of a CD (or probably two, depending) will pique interest of folks who haven't sponsored but will to get it! :)
This hour's proposal: writing supplies for students in Houston, TX. Help kids learn econonomics via creative writing!
This hour's song:
Time for Me to Fly - REO Speedwagon
If it hasn't been made utterly obvious already, my mother is one of my absolute favorite people. She wasn't, for a lot of years, but I grew up, and she gave me the space to do it, and I realize now what a great friend I have in my mom. REO Speedwagon is all her--though I'm not sure how much she'd appreciate hearing it! That 1980 Corolla I've mentioned previously--we had a tape player put into it several years after we got it, and that thing got a whole hell of a lot of use.
So much so, in fact, that it ended up broken--it'd play whatever you put into it, sure, but it wouldn't eject the tape without a whole lot of work. She got tired of fighting with the thing and finally just left the tape in there. It ended up being this one, REO Speedwagon's The Hits, and this is one of the songs that's on it. I remember we came out to visit her the summer that she was living in California, and she was taking us to the airport so we could fly back home. I was in the back seat crying, and she was in the front seat singing this to us, in spite of the fact that she'd heard the tape over and over and OVER again.
Sometimes, the best memories don't even relate to the song, I think.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
REO Speedwagon. LOVE IT.
Post a Comment