Saturday, July 29, 2006

7:30pm

Wow, I have turned into a total bump on a log. I haven't even picked my book back up to start reading, I've just sort of been sitting here, staring into space for awhile.

As much as I want to keep on with the music project, I may have to take a hiatus from it, if only to do something different--watch TV or a movie or something--though I will absolutely keep on posting. We'll see how that goes.

This post's song:

Baby, Don't You Break My Heart Slow - Vonda Shepard

Just after I first moved to California, while visiting a friend of mine, his roommate mentioned that he was going to see the Indigo Girls (who will probably show up on this list at some point) in concert in San Francisco later that week. We talked for a little bit about their music, and I mentioned how I wish I had the money for the show, because I'd love to see them in concert again. He disappeared for a little while, and when he came back into the room, he asked, "Where do you work, and what time shall I pick you up?" I have to stress, aside from the fact that he was my friend's roommate, I didn't really know him all that well, but just like that, because I mentioned that I really wished that I could go, he bought a ticket for me. He also picked me up from work, took me out to dinner, and brought me home that night. It was incredibly sweet, and I've tried in years since to do similar things--part of the reason why I like Donors Choose, I think.

Vonda Shepard was the opening act for that concert, and the first time I ever heard this song, she did it as a duet with Emily Saliers. There are some other great songs on this CD, though it took me a little while to like it. She does a lot of girl power stuff, which makes it sound weird, I suppose, but that's really the best description I have for it at this point.

No comments: