Sunday, July 30, 2006

2:42am, bonus post

Okay, I totally lied, I ended up moving upstairs after all. Thus probably ends the musical portion of the 'thon, though--sorry about that!

This post is for Game 17 of Blogathon, where frykitty wants to know what we like best about our lives--and feel free to get sappy, she says.

Gosh, I guess the really obvious place to begin is with my husband...who is still awake, I can hear him on the 3rd floor, heh. See, I'd made this deal with myself that if I didn't have a job by September 15th (1999), I was going to move back to Seattle, tail tucked firmly between my legs. I got a job on September 13th. Less than a month later, I met the man that I married on September 5, 2003. He's wonderful and supportive, he puts up with my horrible PMS moods, he defuses my temper, he challenges me, he teases me, and he's just generally an amazing person. My mom loved him on sight, something for which I've been profoundly grateful.

My mom, of course, is also part of the best part of my life. We weren't as close 10 years ago as we are now. Now, she's one of the best friends I have, and each Sunday that we don't talk, I miss her terribly. We still have our mother-daughter moments--who doesn't? But I wouldn't trade her for anything, and I definitely wouldn't let our relationship get back to the state that it was in many years ago.

I could go on, but if I did, I'd probably end up talking forever, and missing my next post. :) Suffice it to say that, as I've mentioned in previous posts, I feel really lucky to have the life that I do.

No comments: