Not far now! Almost done with the bookshelves, though I have to confess, I swore quite a lot when I bent back one of my fingernails going to pick up a stack of books. People laugh when I tell them that I learned how to swear from my mother, but I swear, it's true. She loves it when I say that, too, which should tell you just that much more about how cool my mom is.
And hey look, a proposal!
This hour's proposal: help fund some ESL library books for kindergarten in Glendale, NY. I love funding proposals from the little kids, because the thank you notes that they send are always just so adorable.
This post's song:
Zombie - The Cranberries
Before I ever started in on MUDs or MUSHes, I played a different online RPG, one that ways pay-for-play sort. I always had trouble keeping enough hours for it, and I was constantly trying to squeeze my budget as much as possible so that I could pay for as many hours in advance as I could possibly manage--more hours that way, of course. It was an interesting game, and it's probably one that I'd go back and play again, though there are some RL issues that would make it decidedly strange to be in that environment again.
There were both mortals and gods on this game, all player characters, with actual people on the other side of the screen. The gods were, as one would expect, sometimes pretty capricious. I remember getting killed at least once by a lightning zap from the sky, and one time I caught the name of the god who was responsible for it, I imagine he was pretty happy that he'd managed to do it himself. Another ability the gods had was that of yelling, with their names attached. For the most part, when people yelled, they'd have an anonymous description that suited their level. Only gods and high priests/priestesses were exempt. Anyway, they were fond of shouting song lyrics a lot, and I know that this one was a favorite that was brought up quite often. I bought the CD, in fact, because of all the shouting, and though I could do without most of the stuff on that one, I really enjoy this song, even if I can't explain why very well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment