Still haven't finished moving the second shelf, though I have a majority of the books transferred off it. I'll need to maneuver my way behind one of the stacks of game books at some point soon, so that I can plug the fan in--as, when I go to move the rest of the shelves, the plug that the fan is currently connected to will end up obscured by the shelves.
And, you know, I write amazingly mundane filler stuff, I've noticed. I think maybe it's tiem to eat some more, though that would require going upstairs, and right now, all I really want to do is get more of this shelf stuff done. I'm a Woman On A Mission...which is shorthand for 'obsessed with the damn shelves.'
This post's song:
House At Pooh Corner - Loggins and Messina
How can you not love a song about the house at Pooh Corner? This was a fantastic album (Loggins and Messina, Sittin' In), but this particular song was always my favorite--go figure, since I first heard this album as a young kid. I have to admit, too, of them all, Eeyore is my favorite character. Part of that is the fact that I identify with him, but I wonder how many kids *don't* identify with Eeyore in some way. I have Eeyore all over the place--a couple of large snowglobes and a few small ones, an Eeyore on my keychain, a few Eeyore watches, and, of course, the Swarovski Eeyore, that we have yet to take out of the box in the new place, mostly because he needs a few repairs. The tuft of hair on the top of his head, while beautifully represented in the Swarovski figurine, is also kind of fragile. It had already been broken and glued back on when I got it, so naturally, when I turned extremely clumsy one night, I did some more damage. One of these days, I really need to send it back to the Swarovski folks to fix it. They won't do it in store, because he's a limited edition and not available anymore.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love that song, but then, I'm a Pooh fan from waaay back.
Post a Comment