Yep, the couch is deadly, but at least I've caught myself before I well and truly fell asleep. Unfortunately, I don't think I can do the nap thing, I think I'm just awake, no matter what.
And though I thought that I wouldn't have another song, well, you may thank the music video channels, all of which are going strong right about now.
When I Get Where I'm Going - Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton
But when I get where I'm goin,
And I see my maker's face,
I'll stand forever in the light
Of his amazing grace.
Both song and video are very poignant--the lyrics by themselves can (and do) make a weepy person sniffly, but it's the video that's the killer. Shots of various people holding pictures of loved ones who've passed away, and it looks like most of them are just personal to whoever's holding the picture. It flashes briefly to a picture of Ronald Reagan, then away, and it's back to pictures that other folks are holding. If they put me in that video, I'd be holding a picture of my paternal grandparents--even if we're not supposed to have favorites among our relatives, I was theirs, and they were mine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh wow. I don't think I've ever seen/heard that one. *sniffle* Gets me all choked up just thinking about it.
I feel asleep for like... 5 minutes. TOTALLY unplanned, and jerked awake. I've thrown back some water, and for my next trick - will go brush my teeth.
You're aaaaaaaaaaaalmost there. You've got this thing NAILED.
Post a Comment