Ahhh, the caffeine has started to kick in, and hell, by now, on most days, I'm already headed to work anyway.
In addition to having more space in the office, we also have the two small bedrooms upstairs, and I'm going to claim one of those as my workshop. Being able to work near the computer is great, but holy crap, the beads that litter the floor down here, it's not even funny. I'll get to have a lot of space up there--space enough to put in a small microwave so that I can also work on my soap. A window that gets morning sun, which will be great for taking jewelry pictures. Room for shelves and all kinds of space for me to store stuff, because believe me, *a bead* may be small, but *beads* can take over an amazing amount of space. Half my desk is a testament to that right now, heh.
And now, on to this post's song...
Hysteria - Def Leppard
Okay, as big a Def Leppard fan as I am, you had to know that *something* by them would show up sooner or later. In fact, based on how often they come up on the shuffle list (of 1477 items!), it'll probably happen a few times. But hmm, what to say about what this group means to me...
When I was in jr. high, the last project that I did for a social studies class was a two-person thing, in which we had to come up with some kind of new invention and advertise it to the class. We won, hands down. Our proposal was for a Locker Cooler--a little mini-refrigerator that sat in one's locker and had 'just enough space for a Coke and a candy bar!' My partner wasn't much on participation, so I ended up doing a lot of it myself, but she provided the background music for the live 'commercial' that we did come class day. I don't even remember which song it was, but I *do* remember that it was from the Hysteria tape (haaahahaha, just aged myself there, didn't I? Bwahaha), and I was just amazed that one of the band members was missing an arm. Little did I know, when I asked for the tape for my birthday, that a) my mom already knew who they were (her favorite is still Pyromania, I think) and b) I'd be hooked for life. In September of 1988, they came to Salt Lake City in concert, and my mom won her spot in the Cool Mom's Hall of Fame for taking my friends and I to the concert.
So, no, I haven't been a fan from the very first, but I know and love everything they've done, even all the stuff from the first couple of albums. Slang, which a lot of people hated, I adored. They're coming to the Bay Area late August, and I've already got my ticket--row G! And once I see them in Mountain View, I'm heading up to Seattle to see them up there, too--not sure yet where my seat is, I'll find out when I get there, but I do know that it's guaranteed to be in the first five rows. I can't wait.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment