I didn't realize until a little while ago why it's seemed so quiet for me today. Usually, even when I'm playing World of Warcraft, I have WMP open and on shuffle, so there's always music of some sort going. Today was the exception--unless I was writing about a song for a post, I wasn't listening to anything.
Time to fix that, I think, because not only will that help keep me awake, but it'll help me feel a little less weird and bored, too, I think.
This post's song:
What Do You Say - Reba McEntire
Another one of those women from country music who has a voice that I love. Another thing that I really like about her is that so many of her songs tell stories, and this one is a great example. Mind you, the end of this one makes me cry, too--anyone who's heard the song will know what I'm talking about, and anyone who hasn't...well, if you've sponsored me, you'll get a copy of it via CD (if I don't have your address, contact me so we can sort that out!), so you'll know what I mean. This is part of why I couldn't ever sing country music, though, because I would never be able to sing these, ever, without crying. Bad enough on a record, I'd be a real pain in the butt as a live performer. Heh.
What do you say in a moment like this?
When you can't find the words to tell it like it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just turned on music, too. My breathing was becoming to loud and rhythmic. AFI is a much better choice. heh. How are you holdin' up??
Post a Comment