Oh, thank god, I am done moving shelves. Done done done done DONE! I still need to move books back on, but that seems like such a small task now, heh.
So, I have a younger sibling, my brother, who's about 8 and a half years younger than I am, and I'm sure he wouldn't argue with me much when I say that he's been something of a challenge for our mom from time to time. He's a great person, though, and I love him to death, but I can't resist getting in those occasional digs. A few years ago, I sent my mom a birthday card, which was essentially 'Happy Birthday from The Good One,' which she got a huge laugh out of. I think my brother thought it was pretty damn funny, too.
Now, I told you that to tell you this: while moving books off shelves, I came across a gift certificate that my mom and her now-husband (who I adore) gave me for Christmas that year. It says, "Merry Christmas to 'The Good One,'" and I cannot tell you how much I giggled over that when I got it.
I still haven't used the gift cert, either--it's for a local spa, where I've racked up probably about $300 in gift certificates by now. I think, if I'm successful in my Blogathon quest today/tomorrow, I'm going to make an appointment for myself there next week. Time for a facial and an Ayurvedic ritual called the Shirodhara. Check it out: http://www.watercourseway.com. They've got amazing stuff--highly recommended if you're ever out here!
This post's song:
Work It Out - Def Leppard
See, I knew I'd get another Lep repeat sooner or later. Work It Out comes from the Slang CD, and I think I mentioned previously that a lot of fans didn't really like this one. Leaving aside the fact that it's by Def Leppard, which to me tends to be a guarantee that I'll enjoy it anyway, I think I can understand why. Most of it is a lot different from the stuff that people are used to. All the elements are still there, Collen's guitar, Elliott's vocals, and Sav gets an awesome base riff in there. The drum line is also pretty catchy, and that's where the memory for this one kicks in.
I can't remember exactly, but I think this CD came out while I was living in Seattle...and, heh, too poor to afford a CD player, so I was still using tapes. If I timed it right, he tck-tck, tck-tck of the drums at the beginning of the song would match the whack-whack of the bus wheels as it went over grooves in the road on our way into downtown via the Alaskan Way Viaduct. It became a game after awhile, could I hit play in just the right spot, and was traffic good enough that it could turn out that way, and I have no idea why it amused me so much, but I loved it. It doesn't hurt that I really like the song, either, I suppose.
When you don't know where you belong
And nothin' seems to matter,
I'm the one who's holdin' on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment