See, every time I start thinking about going upstairs, I also start to wonder what I'd *do* up there. I'd prop my feet up on the couch, I'd fire up the laptop, and....I'd get stuck watching 80 bajillion infomercials, bad extremely soft core porn on Cinemax, or crappy movies on some of the other channels. And that'd be all it'd take, I'd end up falling asleep sitting there on the couch.
So as uncomfortable as it is sittng down here, I think it's probably for the best. But dangit, WMP needs to stop trying to play me Christmas music.
This post's song:
Separate Ways (Worlds Apart) - Journey
Written by Steve Perry and Jonathan Cain while they were on the road, and performed the very next day for the first time. They hadn't entirely hammered out the lyrics, so they talk about how Steve Perry mumbled his way through about half the song, but the crowd went absolutely crazy for it. It has turned out to be one of their most successful songs--when it was released as a single, it hit #8 on the charts immediately on release. I've been wanting to write something fic-related inspired by this song for a long time, but I don't have any fic left in me at this point, so I leave you with just this: I *adore* this song. It's incredible anyway, and just flat out amazing live. Some of the drum fills in here are just stunning, and of course, I've always been a huge admirer of Neal Schon's guitar work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment