It's amazing to me that half an hour while at work can seem like it's going to take forever, but half an hour right now while I'm trying to do stuff between posts never seems like enough time. Figures, I suppose--that's just the way of the world.
My husband brought down some candy for me, a couple of blow-pops and some Rolos. He's distracting me a little bit, but he's being very sweet about this whole thing.
Two of the shelves moved now, and one of them just about filled back up with books, then I can start on the last one. Already, I like this arrangement better.
This post's song:
Sweet Baby James - James Taylor
This song tells a story all on its own, so I suppose there's no real need for me to try to write one for it. Instead, I'll give you a story of mine:
When I was just starting out in high school, my stepdad, who my brother and I lived with, joined one of those CD clubs, and one of the CDs that he ordered was this one, James Taylor's Greatest Hits. Whenever I had done something particularly snotty or bad, not quite worth enough to be grounded over, but enough to have *some* kind of punishment for, I lost my music privileges. No stereo in my room, not allowed to play the stereo in the house, all kinds of stuff like that.
But it was hard to enforce that second part, especially since, even though I took the bus, I got home about 30 minutes before my little brother did. I can't tell you how many times I listened to this CD, sitting in front of the window, watching for either my little brother walking home, or my stepdad's truck turning up the street. Luckily for me, I had enough time between the time my brother got home and the time my stepdad usually got home for the CD player to cool off and not 'tell on' me with the heat it still carried on top.
So goodnight, you moonlight ladies,
Rock-a-bye Sweet Baby James.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mmmmm. Rolos. I LOVE ROLOS. That's sort of the dilemma I'm running into with having to blog at my family's house. They're SO great... but SO distracting. Huh. Quandary.
Post a Comment