Saturday, July 29, 2006

9:30pm

I am such a slacker. But no more! As soon as this post gets published, I am going to take another shower, because I really feel icky and gross from all that book and shelf moving. I'm also starting to drag a little bit--already, how sad is that!--and I think that'll help wake me up some. Then, it'll be downstairs for another post, probably, and then heating up dinner, and some caffeine along with that.

While I really want to call the spa to set up that appointment Now, Right Now, I'm going to wait and make sure that I make it all the way through first. Sometimes, it's all about the carrot...or maybe it's someone else's boot in my ass instead, but either way, I think it'll just be all the sweeter if I can make that appointment for next weekend.

This post's song:

If Everyone Cared - Nickelback

From underneath the trees, we watched the sky
Confusing stars for satellites


That's the first line of this song, and I always remember doing that when we went camping, especially on the houseboats that we rented and drove around Lake Powell when I was a kid.

I just got this CD a few months ago, but it was on constant rotation in my car for quite awhile. I really like this one, the music itself is good, but the lyrics are what really makes it for me. Lots of hope for a better world out there, the thought that, if everyone cared enough about everyone else, the world would be a much better place. Now, the cynic in me says that this would never happen, but the idealist in me wonders what a world like that would be. There's so much potential out there, so much that's wasted by any number of conflicts and arguments and god only knows what else. If one song could change the world, I would hope that this would be it.

No comments: