I'm not sure which type of client annoys me more--the guy who will 'oh, just one more thing' you to death so that a quick, five minute phone call turns into a two hour ordeal as he goes through his laundry list of issues 'while [he's] got you on the phone,' or the client who is just knowledgeable enough about the product to have a vague idea of how things work, but considers himself to have more product knowledge than support engineers who've been at their jobs for 5+ years, developers who've been at *their* jobs for 7+ years, and is basically the world's biggest asshat at every opportunity.
I think that the second guy wins, but it's a close race.
Thanksgiving was very nice, I spent most of it alone and got a good deal of writing done on my NaNo project. Right now, I'm hovering around 31,000 words, and trying to plink away at it when I get a spare moment or two at work, but with the deadline at midnight tomorrow, it's looking unlikely that I'll finish. Still, a 50+ page document in Microsoft Word, and that's a good deal farther than I've ever managed to get in past years, so even if I don't finish, I still think that I've done pretty well.
Looking forward to Friday night's Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert. We have seats on the floor, 11th row center, which will be fantastic. They always put on a great show, and this will be the closest we've ever managed to get, so I'm really looking forward to it.
My mom will be coming down in May, bringing either her husband or my brother. California Guitar Trio is doing a show with the California Symphony up in Walnut Creek, so they're going to come up for that.
Excited to watch this new March of the Penguins DVD that I got--I went out at lunch, because I just *had* to have it, and those of you who are going to bitch at me for not waiting for Christmas will be glad to know that I saw several things in the bookstore that are going straight on my wish list for this year, so just hush.
On the work side of things, a raise and a bonus again this year, yay. I'm floored, though--I had a Mary Kay consultant come to my place last night, and she's looking for more salespeople, and holy cripes, I had no idea they made so much money working part time. Obviously I am in the wrong industry! She wants to buy some of my jewelry, though, and is going to put me in her 'professional women' portfolio that she'll show to new clients, which will be pretty nice.
And...that's the update from here today. Time to put my nose back into finishing my tickets and possibly some more noveling!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment