Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Not bad at all.

Two days, around $350--strangely, the day that had the most attendance was the slowest day for me, but even though I made less on day two than day one, I was still the top seller there.

I am debating whether I should participate next year. I won't dispute that the people are very nice, but the fair itself is not very well advertised, and the location makes it somewhat difficult to find--several people said they'd invited friends who tried to come, but couldn't find the place. City regulations also prevent any signs from being posted, so that doesn't really help matters all that much.

We'll see how it goes. Several of the other presenters have encouraged me to expand my schedule and are going to send me details on fairs that they're attending, which will be nice. We'll see how that pans out. They've also let me know where to look for them, so I'll start doing that, though I'm not sure whether it will happen before the end of the year.

All it really tells me is that I need to get motivated and actually DO something with the website, and with all the other ideas that are rolling around in my head. Finding the time and energy seems to be the hard part, though. I could find more time, if I weren't going to school, but since I also want to get my degree eventually, leaving school aside doesn't seem like a wise idea. And I can't even consider quitting my day job because, you know, I need the money for other stuff--like, say, rent and car payment.

Overall, though...I don't know what it is, but I'm left feeling really positive about things lately, in spite of the schedule and all that other happy crap.

NaNo update: Still hovering around 3600 or so words, but I'm going to work on it tonight after a nap, I think. Still loving the story, in spite of the fact that it's such cheese.

Work is driving me insane, but that's nothing new.

The rain yesterday was lovely. Can we have some more, please?

On the other hand, I love it when it's clear in the early mornings when I get to work and I can see Orion, so maybe the clouds aren't so good after all.

Almost lunch time, hooray.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on a successful weekend - I love seeing friends be successful - it's inspiring.

Have added this site to my actual blogroll at missmeliss.com - hope that's okay?