Okay, so I didn't finish NaNo again this year, but I came a *lot* closer than I have in years past--almost 39,000 words (I think) is nothing to sneeze at, really, and I probably would've been able to make it, but for the crazy November schedule, as well as letting myself get distracted by other stuff in the last couple of days in the month.
I may still chip away at it, I'd like to see how the rest unfolds, but now that it's not an 'assignment' anymore, I don't know, maybe the motivation won't be there. Ha. Story of my life. On the other hand, it would give me a chance to tighten things up a bit...
The sad part is, all those things I was thinking about doing while I was trying to focus on the NaNo project are also gone. I have a few scattered notes here and there, but that's all they are--scattered. A few of them I've looked at and have wondered what the hell I was thinking when I scribbled it down. Go figure.
And not only that, but I hate PMS, you know? I hate the mood swings, and I hate being irrationally angry at everything--though sometimes, I think I have justification for getting annoyed or pissed off or whatever, but sometimes it also makes me wonder if it's not just all hormones or all in my head. This morning was just a classic example of it, a couple of things that just had me all cranked up even before I got to work, and I'm not sure if it's just me being bitchy or if it's legitimate.
Also, this is probably more for the hockey blog than anything, but hey media? Joe Thornton's a fantastic player, no doubt about it, but how does Marleau's third consecutive game with three points end up as just a footnote in the game recap? So much for Ron Wilson's thinking that this trade would get Marleau the attention he deserves, too. Hopefully that'll improve as the season goes on.
...
And on a *completely* different subject, but only very briefly...I think a change is coming. I'm not entirely sure why, and we'll see, but...it just feels that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I always feel like NaNo is pulling me away from other projects, which I've forgotten by the time November ends.
And 39k is a respectable number. Congratulations.
Post a Comment