Friday, November 04, 2005

Eek busy.

So...

** My NaNo word count has been stuck on the first day tally until today, when I finally picked it up again. Currently, I am at 2319 words, but may still chip away at it some more today.

I am amused, because I find that I am *such* a MUSHer. There is no simple he says/she says dialogue that you find in a lot of written novels. No, these are basically full poses that are being written when people speak. Ha.

Also, oh man, I am writing such cheese, but you know what? I am having fun with it, which is much more than I can say for projects in previous years. That alone gives me hope--part of the reason why I quit so early on in the past was because it got very boring, very quickly. So far this year, I'm not having this problem.

However, I also figured out that I'm at a severe handicap, considering that I won't have much time to write this weekend, because...

** Tonight, I go set up for this weekend's craft fair. I don't even remember what the hours are anymore, but if anyone local is interested in coming down to see all the stuff, let me know and I can email you with address, directions, and hours.

I have a shitload of stuff to do today before I go to set up. The most important of all is getting fabric somewhere, because, like an idiot, I threw away the stuff that I used last time during the big move in July. I knew at the time that I was making a mistake, but by the same token, I didn't think I'd be doing this show again this year, I wasn't sure if they'd want me to come back, so...poof, away went the cloth. Doh. She also suggests holiday decorations, so I'm going to see if I can find some kind of fun holiday print, maybe--that or I'll just stop by Michaels for some garland or something to decorate the edge of the table.

Oh, and tape. Must have tape. Must not forget tape.

And bags and tissue paper for the stuff that people buy.

And I need to get to Kinkos or somewhere to print up a nice copy of the Swarovski color chart.

And a list of the soaps that I have/can get, along with the scents and colors that I have, in case people want handmade soaps. Except for that I should also have pictures of the molds. Hm. Maybe I should forget about the soap.

And.. and.. and..

Again, we come up on the fact that the brain just will not slow down.

** Plus, in addition to the fair, there is also a hockey game on Saturday night.

** And speaking of hockey...one of the reasons I am working on NaNo right now is because I am procrastinating in dealing with my assignment for speech class. (Bear with me.)

We have to give an informative speech next, 5-7 minutes long, and I am at a loss for a subject. Brett suggested teaching people about hockey, which could be a lot of fun, but which will also get a whole lot of eyerolling from some of the people in the class.

Still, there's a TON of information there, it's something that I enjoy and am enthusiastic about, so I think that would probably make for a fairly good speech.

** And...that's it, I think. Happy Friday, everyone, and happy birthday, husband of mine. :)

No comments: