Saturday, November 05, 2005

Why I'm an idiot, and various other updates.

Yesterday when I made up my list of things to do before today's craft fair, I forgot the most important part--getting small bills in cash from the bank. Strictly speaking, I don't *need* cash, because I can accept checks and credit, but it's always good to have cash. Arg.

I have to be at the church at 9 this morning to finish setting up (because I also forgot a couple of the parts needed for said set-up), but of the banks in the area that are open on Saturdays, most open at 10 or 10:30. Doh.

There is *one* credit union that's affiliated with mine up in Seattle that is open at 9 this morning, and it's only marginally out of the way, so hopefully that will be okay. I hope, too, that it'll also be okay that I am not there at the crack of 9.

In other news, I wrote some more on my NaNo project after I posted yesterday, and have another 1300 words to my credit, so it's somewhere in the vicinity of 3600 now. Still far short of a lot of other people, I'm sure, but I know that I'll make up for that, I just need a weekend day or two to really start to crank stuff out.

Oh yeah, and it is still the ultimate in cheese, and contains stuff that I would not ordinarily write, so I guess it holds all the hallmarks of a true NaNovel. Heh.

Also, it looks like hockey's going to be my topic for my speech class, considering that I wrote to a local newspaper columnist today to see whether he knew if the NHL had anything that I could use to help me. I'm willing to bet that the answer is going to be no, but hey, maybe he's got some pointers for me himself. I have a feeling that Kinkos is going to be my good friend next week.

And...that's the news. Wish me luck--my table looks beautiful, and some of the other presenters gave me a lot of compliments while I was setting up. Yay!

No comments: