Last night, we finally had our housewarming party, which was quite lovely. Very nice to be able to host people in a place that's not utterly cramped when more than four or five people are in the room. Love this place. Love love love. Also, homemade rotisserie chicken is the best, and I put too much ginger and not enough garlic into the teriyaki--sad.
Anyway, so I forget exactly how it started, I think that someone in the kitchen (with Dinah--er, doh, sorry) was talking about Katamari Damacy and the fact that I have purchased We <3 Katamari, but haven't yet unwrapped it. Which, of course, turned into a discussion about KD, and then we had to have a demonstration of the game for the people who hadn't seen it, because that is just one big fucked up ball of crack that needs to be seen to be believed.
I played a couple of levels to demonstrate, and a little while later, one of our guests decided that he had to have a go--so cue the apparently necessary *blarf* noises whenever the King of all Cosmos spits out a Royal Rainbow, lots of mocking of his, er, endowments, Brett's declaration that Katarari is Japanese for 'great big ball of shit,' and it was just good times all around.
It's no surprise that, today (and this is the part where the people who know the game or have heard it will kill me, hahahahaha!) the theme song will *not* GET OUT OF MY HEAD, but even more than that...I am filled with burning desire to go home and play more Katamari. And buy the soundtrack.
Must go home. Must go home and roll!
Roll, roll, roll!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment