Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Oy. Well. That didn't suck. Much.

Group symposium in speech class went better than anticipated. Some were better prepared than others, some finished their research and outline an hour before class, and it really showed.

Overall, though, it was pretty good, I think. There was a pretty good amount of flow and cohesiveness, though the usual suspects were up to their usual tricks. Brett's suggestion of using quotes to introduce each segment went over very well, I got a couple of great compliments about that after class, since I lingered behind to talk to the professor.

Our group grade will be...okay, I think. Obviously, with a lack of preparedness on the parts of some, that will hurt us a little bit, but it was pretty engaging, and there were a lot of good questions in the Q&A session afterwards.

My individual grade...well, we'll see. He said that I projected well, but relied too much on my note cards, which was very true. He wanted extemporaneously delivery, which...well, it was either read it, or it was memorize it, which he definitely didn't want, so...sometimes, I think, it's kind of a crapshoot.

But it's done, we set a pretty good standard being the first group to go, and I didn't kill anyone, which I am tremendously thankful for. :) Now comes the response paper, in which I get to discuss my own perspectives on how things went, and I get to talk about how prepared I thought we all were, including myself. I will be very interested to see how the other people feel about what I wrote--I hope to god I don't have to share this one, because holy crap, some of the things that I want to say...well. Perhaps they'd better be left unsaid.

So, the big group project is behind me, thank god, now I can move on to other stuff--like the next project, which is an informative speech. I don't even know what I'm going to talk about.

Heh. Maybe I could teach them all about MUSH. Bwahaha.

No comments: