Okay, so I had intended to post about last night's concert, but in the car on the way to work, I heard a radio commercial that just...I mean...gah!
It's a Shane Co. commercial, and the owner guy, or whoever the voice is, asks if guys 'need advice' when their girlfriend is 'dropping hints about whether she's ready to get married.'
First off, I am offended right away--I know that this shit happens, I know that some women do shit like this, and frankly, they really need to knock it off. It's stupid and emotionally manipulative, and no wonder there are men out there who think that all women are crazy, insecure, completely psychotic bitches--no wonder there are straight men who are freaked out by commitment, having to deal with these women.
But the commercial goes on, with a couple of 'hints' about when she's ready: "...if she sees a wedding dress and stops to try it on. (pause) Subtle."
But wait, it gets worse!
"If you get home to find your belongings on the front porch and a note on the door that says 'marry me or scram.'"
(Both quotes paraphrased.)
I just...I mean...argh! I know that it's an advertisement and overly dramatic, but still, the point is, they wouldn't have put it together like that if there weren't some sort of truth in there along with the stupid exaggerations.
Bah. Sometimes, women really suck.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment