Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Top down.

When I left work yesterday, the external temperature was 73 degrees, according to my car, so naturally, what better to do on a lovely, sunny, not-a-cloud-in-the-sky afternoon but put the top down on the new car?

I think I'm going to need to keep a hat or something in the glove box, because dealing with the resulting tangles was no fun, but the drive itself, short though it was (yay for 3 mile commutes), was awesome.

My mom is coming down for a little while in May because California Guitar Trio is performing with the California Symphony. When I talked to her this past weekend, she asked me how the car was, and then immediately told me to shut up--just as well she asked last weekend, because that means she's not likely to ask this weekend, so I won't have to tell her how much fun I had putting the top down.

Course, I was also informed that she'd be renting a car for the time that she was here and that I'd get to drive the rental while she took the Solara. Unfortunately, the 'hey, I'm the one who makes the car payments' argument is trumped by the 'yes, but I'm your mother' rebuttal. Doh. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss you. We need to do lunch or something.