Friday, February 10, 2006

Well then.

It's amazing what 10 consecutive hours of sleep can do, particularly after three days of catching sleep in 2-3 hour increments. I could do without feeling like there's a layer of cotton between my brain and my body, though. I'm still all uncoordinated and slow, even two and a half hours out of bed.

In other news, being able to put the top down on the car for three days in a row is clue number one that it's finally getting toward spring. The more tangible one, though, is that the rising and setting of the sun has started to change noticably. Already, the sky is starting to get light over to the east, and it didn't seem like all that long ago when it would've been much later. Strange as it might sound, when I finally do leave the early shift, I'll miss watching that.

And yeah, leaving the early shift finally *is* going to happen, at the end of the month. It remains to be seen whether I'll need to go back on it, but after five months in a row, I'm hoping that I'll get a good, long reprieve.

Just as well, because since the first week of January, things have...been rather stressful, to say the least. Even knowing how badly 2005 treated a lot of people that I know, for me...2006 has been quite a bit worse so far, and frankly, I'd really like 2005 back, please.

And if all of that is really vague, well, it really needs to be, by necessity. Such is life.

There are other things I want to write about, but right now, I can't really think of anything--typical. My muse has already deserted me for the 50 Lyrics Fanfic and Fanfic 100 challenges, why not have the same thing happen for just a regular blog entry? Arg. :)

No comments: