So, I went to Pantheacon this past weekend, and though I said that I wasn't going in search of anything, I have to say, I definitely found a few things.
It was an interesting weekend. I saw a couple of very good friends (though I knew they were going to be there), and saw someone that I worked with/for several jobs ago...in full Scottish regalia, no less. At least, I think it was him--by the time I finally decided that it was and figured that I'd ask him the next time I saw him, I didn't see him again.
Anyway, there was a huge variety of stuff to attend, and there were a lot of things that interested me. I participated in a couple of rituals, a few guided meditations, and attended a few presentations/workshops that gave me some interesting insight and experiences.
And, of course, I spent money, because why have a convention without a vendor room? Next year, I am going to have a table, I think, because...well. I was pretty selective about what I attended, and I very rarely went to two or three different things back to back. Probably for the best. Anyway, so I had a fair amount of down time, where I just sat back and watched people walk by, and as I did this, I saw people wearing all kinds of stuff that made me think 'I could make that.' After the first day, I finally got the hint and took a notebook with me, so that I could write down ideas as they came to me.
So, yeah. Next year, definitely going to have a table, though that will make trying to *attend* anything an interesting prospect, I think.
My favorite parts: the guided meditation at the end of the Avalon/Morgen Le Fay panel, the Meeting the Nine Sisters ritual, and the 'soul journey,' which was basically just more guided meditation. Each one of them stuck with me in different ways, and when I mentioned that I found some things that I didn't realize I was looking for, it was in those three events. It's a very interesting thing, to go in to something with an open mind and no expectations and to walk away with a bag full of treasure, so to speak.
This is not to say that I went an entire four days without any pet peeves/tweaks/annoyances--being who and how I am, I think that's a virtual impossibility. :) Mentioning some of them out loud, though, that might get me into a whole lot of trouble, so if you're interested in some of the things that I can't/don't want to share here...let me know and we'll talk.
All in all, I've come away from this with a lot more than I took into it. I feel more relaxed, more energetic, more positive about life than I have in a long time. Even better, I have the tools, so to speak, to try and maintain that. I don't expect this particular high to last forever...give me a few days at work, heh. :) But it'll be fun while it lasts.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment