Friday, February 03, 2006

*snerk*

Speaking to a client, trying to figure out why some of his network elements stopped reporting stats earlier this week. Basic troubleshooting: check community string to make sure that we still have read access to the device.

Said client is someone with whom I've always had a great relationship, and we have been commisserating about how bad the past couple of weeks have been while I work.

I ask him to verify one of the community strings for me, and in the middle of it, he says, "capital zero." Sounded normal to me, so without missing a beat, I put in 'O' (uppercase letter o), and didn't think anything of it until he stopped a few minutes later.

"Capital zero. See? It's been one of those weeks."

Just what does it say about me, I wonder, that it never even occured to me until he said something?

Maybe it's more than 'just one of those weeks,' maybe I'm finally just losing my mind. :)

No comments: