Monday, September 11, 2006

Oh, how sad is that.

I went to go make a title of 'Random life thoughts' or something, and of course, IE with its auto-fill thing decided to give me a list of other 'Random' titles, and I realized just how often I use that when posting to blogs, and yeah. Very sad.

And also very stream-of-consciousness today, apparently.

(And a LOT of whining, so please feel free to skip.)

I am having a lot of work-related trouble right now. Part of it is just frustration with the way things are going right now that...I can't really talk about here, haha. Most of it isn't specifically related to stuff that's happening right now, though. Instead, it's just a general sort of...malaise, I guess.

I've told Brett before that I don't like the person that my job has helped me become. I'd say 'that my job has *made* me become,' and I've only said it that way in conversation prior to this, but in really thinking about it, I wonder. The potential must have been there already, else...you know, I wouldn't feel that way. Or something.

Ugh, this is not going at all the way that I want it to--see what I mean about the stream-of-consciousness thing?

I thought about looking for a similar job with another company, but I'm not sure how smart that is. It'd still end up being support, and while it's true that my company doesn't really seem to care about its employees (especially now), who's to say that it'd be better elsewhere? Especially if I were doing the same type of work that I'm doing now.

I'd love to be able to go back to school full time, so that I can finally finish my degree and have it not take the 10 or so years that I'm anticipating it will. That's the hazard of needing to work while wanting to go to school.

Anyway, I guess all it really boils down to is that I'm unhappy with work, and also really tired of whining about it. I really try to make sure that I do more than just complain about work, but sometimes I think that's all Amy hears about during the day, or all Brett hears about at home. Obviously, though, even that doesn't stop me, ha.

I'm hoping to be able to find an alternative soon, we'll see how all that works out. I'd ask for good thoughts, but I think that other people can definitely use that more than I can right now. I can certainly think of a few, anyway. And I'll try for something a lot more positive in my next post. :)

No comments: