I'm crazy, that is. And how can I tell this? Well, today is the first day of my 'split' schedule at work--from now to the foreseeable future (... more on this later, since it was turning into a long string), I work from 6-10, then again from 1-5. I got to the office about 10 minutes early, and it was dark, naturally. Now, an hour later, the sky is turning brighter, and yet again, I'm happy to be watching the sun come up.
See what I mean? Crazy. I was never a morning person, before I started working that insane 5-2 shift.
It's interesting, too--there's such a HUGE difference between getting up at 5-ish and getting up at 4-ish. It's only an hour, it's hard to explain why that would be the case, and yeah, I'm only one day into it, but I can already tell that this is going to be different.
So, onto that 'foreseeable future' comment. I'm not sure how long this is going to last. Definitely through the end of the fall quarter, but I'm kind of hoping that it will last longer, too. I'm doing this so that I can take a daytime class--there are just a lot more options for what and when during the day, there's no getting around that. Whether it lasts beyond this quarter depends largely on work. Is this feasible for me (which I know it will be), and is it acceptable for work--ie, are people having screaming fits about this, or do they not really care? Because if they don't really care, then hell yeah, I'm going to keep on doing this. Anything I can do to keep my ass in school and working toward that degree is a damn good thing.
But we'll see. The last time I worked on a somewhat modified schedule, I took an early morning class that put me in the office around 9 or so, and our field folks were really unhappy with that. I was 'never available anymore' and a whole host of other complaints. I'd really rather not make anyone deal with that, so...we'll see how it goes.
I'm excited about this, though. I have my normal day all planned out, once classes resume (a week from today), and there's time in there for me to work out every day, which I desperately need. But I also get study time, too--*and*, most importantly, this schedule isn't so wonky that I'll never get to see my spouse. It's still an early morning, yeah, but not so early that I have to go to bed by 8 or I'll never be able to function in the morning.
So, keeping my fingers crossed that this will all work out. And, if the flex schedule really does benefit me, then also keeping my fingers crossed that I'll be able to do this for more than just fall quarter. We shall see.
Oh, and that pre-algebra class? My unofficial transcript says that I got an A. No angst over a C- for me! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment