Crap. It's only Dec 7, and I'm already a day late.
This year, from December 6th (St. Nicholas Day) through December 24th (Christmas Eve), my friend Melissa is asking a question a day from a book called A Christmas Conversation Piece. We did this a couple of years ago on ElectricTangerine, and she's invited folks to participate again this year, posting in our own blogs.
Well, so, here it's Dec 7, as I said before, and I'm already late. Crap.
So, today, you get two posts rather than just one.
Question 1:
What's the biggest change in your life since last December?
Gosh, I'm not sure I can really qualify the biggest. In reality, a lot of things in my life remained the same--still married, still living in California, still employed at the same old company, doing the same old job...though the unexpected move was kind of an upheaval. That and the vendor acceptance were pretty big for me, so I guess it's kind of a tie between those two.
- The Move:
We'd been living in Sunnyvale since November of 2001, first in an apartment, then in a beautiful townhouse. I'd really thought we were going to stay in the townhouse for awhile, too, but that didn't turn out to be the case. A year and a handful of months later, we moved, and have shifted focus entirely. We're living close to downtown San Jose now, half a mile away from the arena (hooray for walking to hockey games), and about a mile or so from downtown proper. The neighborhood is quite good, and there's a lot of stuff within walking distance. The commute is a lot longer for me, and right now, because I'm working this weird split shift, I put about 40-50 miles on my car in any given day.
But I really love the apartment we have, the complex is lovely, and I'm really glad to have so many things so close.
- The Acceptance:
On a lark, back in September, I put in an application to sell my jewelry at a convention that's coming up over President's Day weekend in February. I was fully prepared not to get in, and had a list of reasons why I wouldn't, in fact--I've been told a lot of times, by a lot of people, that the stuff I make is really nice, but it doesn't quite suit the theme of the con that I was applying at.
When I hadn't heard anything by Thanksgiving, I figured that was that, and I was ready to shrug and just go on to the next big thing. Then, I found out that they'd cashed my check, so I sent email to confirm (and got taken to task for not updating my address, which, well, sorry--lots of stress, too much on my mind, and again, that whole 'probably not going to get in thing), and lo and behold, I've done it.
The con's not til February, but I'm really excited, as I think that this could be a very big thing for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment