Wednesday, December 13, 2006

December QOTD - Question 8

Question #8:
(Paraphrased because the book is upstairs, and bed is warm.) If there is one person whom you haven’t been in contact with in a while, and chose to get in touch with over the holidays, who would it be, and how would you start the conversation?

Seeing as how I'm already in contact with as much of my family as wants to speak with me, I'd have to say that there are some friends that I'd very much like to look up. One of my best friends from elementary school is someone with whom I've shared email in the past, but the correspondance is so sporadic that it's hard to really keep track of it all. I think it's my turn to email, I guess I should do that--to wish her a happy holiday, if nothing else.

The one that I'd really want to find, though, is my junior prom date. He lived across the street from me for awhile, then he moved to the West Valley area a few years before we did. It's been so long since I've talked to him--since 1994 or so, maybe earlier--that I have no real idea how I'd start the conversation, except to say that I've been thinking of him over the years and wondering how he's doing.

My mom got all teary when I found said best friend from elementary school after years of looking (thank you, Classmates), and I think that she'd probably do the same if I was able to get in touch with him again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't forget your dear friend who doubled with you to said Prom.
;]
Okay, so maybe you already found me and safe to say we both need to be better about keeping up.
I think of all the people I've lost track of, you are one of the few that I was hoping to find. Now, I just need to keep in contact!
Much Love,
Meri