Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Song of the day: You Give Love A Bad Name

But no, it's not the Bon Jovi version.

I mentioned in someone's LJ comments, though I don't know if I've ever mentioned here--yes, I watch American Idol. However, in my defense, I didn't start until a couple of seasons ago, and last season was the first one I've watched all the way through. (I'd planned on watching the season previous, too, but was so offended when they booted Chris Daughtry that I didn't watch after that. On the other hand, I don't think he'd have reached the level of success he has if he'd won. ANYway...)

So, yeah, I watched last season, and I think the right person won it, but man, Blake Lewis was something else, too. I've heard one of the songs he's released on his album and enjoyed it, but my favorite performance was, and probably always will be the version of You Give Love A Bad Name that he did during the competition. Simon's feedback was that half will love it, and half will hate it, and though I'm sure that's the case, I haven't run across many of those in the latter category yet.

My spouse mentioned this the other day, and it's been running around in my head a lot lately, so here you go:



No site links today--when I tried, they both crashed my browser, so this is all you get. :)

No comments: