Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Notes to self:

1. Don't schedule dentist appointments at 9am on Tuesday mornings anymore. You've only been participating in this 8:30am weekly meeting for SIX AND A HALF YEARS, how hard is it to remember not to schedule anything around that time of day?

* I'm a dork. I totally forgot about the meeting, god only knows why, and even though they've been fairly short lately, the law of averages caught up with me today and it went long, and THEN, one of the developers wanted to talk to me afterwards.

2. If you do manage to fuck up and schedule on Tuesday morning and you end up running late, plz to be relaxing kthxbye, because stopping to throw up is only going to make you later.

* Anyone who knows me well knows that I am totally obsessed with being on time.

Wait, strike that.

I am totally obsessed with not being late. I mean, seriously obsessed. When they're at home, Sharks games typically start at 7:30pm, and I'd rather be there by 7:20, thanks, even though the game doesn't *actually* start til 7:35 or so, and besides, so what if you're late, it's not as if I'm going to miss a plane or something, but that doesn't matter. I need to be on time. Or even better, I need to be early.

And planes, man, there's a whole different kettle of fish. On our first trip back to Boston, several years ago now, I told Brett that we had to be at the airport an hour before we actually should've been there. Part of that was just that I prefer to be early, and part of that is that he doesn't worry as much about timing as I do. Anyway, we ended up getting to the airport around the time we should've been, and when I confessed later on, he just rolled his eyes at me in annoyance.

Absolutely justified on his part. But I can't help it.

So, yeah. Hate being late. A lot. Today, it had me so worked up that I seriously thought I was going to have to pull over and throw up, because my stomach was so upset. And for what? I mean, I love this dentist, she is magnificent (and is Greek/Romanian, so has this amazing accent), but even though I've only been her patient for six months, I have already learned that she is always running late. Me getting there 15 minutes late? No big deal for them, but for me, it was huge.

I finally had to look at myself in the rear view mirror when I was at a stoplight and remind myself to breathe. It's not worth getting so worked up.

Nothing's worth getting that worked up.

I just need to remember that next time, oy.

No comments: