So, with Brett's finals coming up in the next few days, I am taking myself out of the picture for the weekend--time for a small road trip. I'm hoping that, by not being in the house, it'll give him the time and space--and lack of distraction--that'll help him study. And as for me, well, I think I'm going to be doing a lot of sleeping this weekend. I hope so, anyway.
I'm still planning on the Blogathon thing, and I think I'm going to end up doing something different from what I'd originally planned. I read a post (I'll find and link to it later) by an observer last year that mentioned that some of the best blogs had themes, but also had themes that were relevant to their charity. Since my plan is to write for Donors Choose again, I think I may write about various memories I have from the years that I was in school. I'm not sure how it'll turn out, but hopefully it will be interesting. We'll see, I suppose.
As a result, I've added another outline to my collection--one for Blogathon, which I'm definitely planning on. Another for NaNo, though I am not really sure whether I'll be participating in that this year or not. I've also got outlines for those two fanfic challenges I've been signed up for forever but haven't done any writing with for awhile. I guess all I can really say *there* is...um...oops? Maybe some of that will get done this weekend, too.
I can't believe it's June already, though, I have to say. It was so weird yesterday to be cooking on the grill and to have it still be light enough to see without turning on the porch light at 8pm. It's almost like that happened without me even realizing it, like...two days ago it was dark at 5pm, and now, all of a sudden, it's not. It's so strange the way the day just creeps and crawls by while I'm at work, but when I look at the calendar, I'm completely baffled at the date. Weird.
Just weird. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good luck with Blogathon this year. A theme TOTALLY helps. I never outlined, but I knew where I was going last year (children's books for First Book) and the year before (doors and song lyrics for Habitat for Humanity) and while the last two hours were REALLY HARD from a "staying awake" perspective, I never strained for content.
Mind you, I also interspersed "pledge breaks" every four hours or so, and I think that helped.
I'm not doing Blogathon this year. Part of me wants to, but the other part of me knows I'm just not up to it. And NaNo...I think I've grown past it. 3 years as ML was enough, anyway.
Still I wish you much success - and a great road trip.
Post a Comment