Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Dazed and confused.

So, a nasty case of food poisoning on Monday evening lead to a sick day on Tuesday, and the whole, ahem, revisiting of meals aside, I had forgotten just how much a fever sucks.

I slept in 30-45 minute increments on Monday night, and spent all day yesterday curled up on the couch, alternatively huddling under a pile of blankets and wishing that I could sit on the porch outside with no clothes on. Such fun. And then there's that whole disconnect between the brain and...well...everything. "Now I *know* you're sick," said Brett, when he came downstairs and found me watching a Star Trek movie. (Star Trek VI, I think?) I think I muttered something about how it was the only thing on, but you could've put me in front of one of those 'Cat TV' things, and I probably would have found it a fine piece of cinema.

After heading to bed at 7:30 last night, this morning's somewhat better, but I still feel like I'm not all there--that ought to make trying to be coherent when I'm speaking to a client rather interesting. At least I can type!

No comments: