...if you're a reader of my LJ (which I think most people probably are at this point), then you'll be expecting this, hopefully. I made mention of wanting to start posting here again, and of wanting to use it more for the purpose to which it was initially intended.
See, way back when I first started this blog--back on our original site, that is; the blogger migration came along later--one of the things that I really wanted to do with it was to talk about music. I'm not a professional reviewer or critic, by any stretch of the imagination, but even when I was a kid, there were three things that sort of anchored me to the world: books, basketball, and music.
These days, my spectrum is a little broader than it was then--there are more things to talk about now, and basketball has sort of drifted away to be replaced by another sport, but the other two remain. I have a radio at work that's always on whenever I'm here. I'd be just as happy listening to one of the MusicChoice channels as I'm sitting in front of the TV working on my craft projects as I would with an actual program. Sometimes, even when I've got WoW fired up, I've got MusicMatch fired up in the background on non-raid days, so...yeah. Definitely important.
So, where does that leave me now? Well, one of the things that I wanted to do originally was to post observations on music that I was listening to--usually new, but sometimes the old stuff, too. Another thing I've been considering is a 'song of the day' type of thing--the song that's continually repeating in my head throughout the day, in spite of the radio. It happens a lot, and it usually varies from day to day, so that could make it interesting.
Of course, 'interesting' may just be in my own head, which is always how stuff like that ends up happening. It sounds interesting and neat to me, so off I go, and for whatever reason, boom. Not to mention that all this actually requires that I do post, and that in and of itself is a challenge, and *that's* hardly news, since the last time I updated this blasted thing was at the end of June anyway.
I suppose I'll just have to wait and see where it takes me. There might even be more writing in this space, too, if I can manage that.
As for now, back to work with me, but watch this space--there should be more on the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment